How to Arrive
In this section we would like to help you planning on how to arrive to Albania. There are several ways on how you can arrive to Albania; by plane, by land or by sea. Below you can find the information per mean of transport.
When you wish to arrive to Albania by plane, you will have one option, namely the international airport of Tirana which is located approximately 25 km north of Tirana.
There are many direct flights from the main cities in Europe, please find below more information per city.
|Athens||Olympic Air and Aegean Airlines|
|Bologna||Air One and Blue Panorama|
|Istanbul||Turkish Airlines and Pegasus|
|Milan||Air One and Blue Panorama|
|Pisa||Air One and Blue Panorama|
|Rome||AlItalia and Blue Panorama|
|Venice||Air One and Blue Panorama|
|Verona||Air One and Blue Panorama|
Albania borders several countries and so there are many places where you can cross the border by land, below you will find information per country.
From Montenegro to Albania
- The two main border crossings are the Muriqan – Sukobin (from the city of Ulcinj) border and the Hani I Hotit – Bozhaj border both entering to the city of Shkodra.
- Another border crossing is to the North-East of Albania through Vermosh – Gusinje.
From Kosovo to Albania
- The main border crossing is the Vermice – Morine border (through the highway from Prizren to Kukes).
- Other (smaller) border crossings are Qafe Prush – Gjakove and Qafe Morine – Gjakove.
From Macedonia to Albania
- The main border crossing is the Qafe Thane – Kafasan border (from Struga/Ohrid to Pogradec and Elbasan)
- Other (smaller) border crossings are Blatte – Blato (from Diber to Peshkopi), Tushemisht – Sveti Naum and Gorice – Stenje (to lake Prespa).
From Greece to Albania
- The two main border crossings are the Kapshtice – Krystallopigi (to Korca) border and the Kakavia – Ktismata (to Gjirokastra) border.
- Other (smaller) border crossings are Qafe Bote – Sagiada (to Saranda) and Tre Urat – Melissopetra (to Permet).
There are three main ports in Albania which are connected to Italy, Montenegro and the island of Corfu (Greece), below you will find the connections.
To the port of Durres
Durres is connected with the ports of Ancona, Bari, Brindisi, Otranto and Trieste in Italy.
There are also bi-weekly connections with Bar and Kotor in Montenegro.
To the port of Vlora
Vlora is connected with two cities in Italy, namely Brindisi and Otranto.
To the port of Saranda
There are daily ferry boats between Corfu and Saranda which takes around one hour. There is also a hydrofoil which connects Corfu and Saranda and which takes around 45 minutes. The last option is the car ferry between Corfu and Saranda.